When it comes to dealing with mental health challenges, accessing affordable and effective therapy is a great step forward. This is why we at Perth Psychology Collective are committed to offering evidence-based therapy for people of all ages and life circumstances. Our team of NDIS psychologists can help eligible participants manage difficult emotions and day-to-day challenges by teaching useful techniques.
If you’re interested in learning how NDIS therapy can help you, keep reading or get in touch with our clinic today!
What is NDIS?
NDIS stands for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, which provides support for Australians who are living with a disability, as well as support for their families and carers. With a current plan, eligible NDIS participants can access subsidised therapy to help manage and overcome mental health difficulties.
Am I eligible for NDIS?
In order to benefit from NDIS cover, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. The scheme covers Australian residents between the ages of 7-65 who require support due to significant, ongoing disability.
To determine whether you are eligible for NDIS, visit the official website and complete their eligibility checklist.
The benefits of NDIS counselling
Seeing an NDIS psychologist is a great way to access affordable and effective mental health care that can help you to manage your wellbeing. Therapy can help with a number of issues:
- Dealing with family or relationship issues.
- Treatment for depression or anxiety.
- Managing low self-esteem and anger.
- Managing and overcoming addictions.
- Processing traumatic life events.
- Coping with social difficulties, phobias and fears.
- Managing behavioural issues.
- Managing chronic pain.
- Adapting to life transitions.
How we support NDIS clients
Here at Perth Psychology Collective, our team is made up of NDIS psychologists who can help eligible adults and children manage and overcome their mental health struggles. In order to access these services, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a current NDIS plan.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Your plan must include the support category “Improved daily living skills.”
Accessing therapy through your NDIS plan allows you to get subsidised mental health support tailored to your specific life circumstances. Our team of therapists can help you:
- Identify goals and work towards them.
- Establish more independence in your everyday life.
- Improve social skills and relationships.
- Minimise your experiences of anxiety, stress and depression.
- Establish new techniques to help you manage life challenges.
With access to both adult and child psychologists available, our team are committed to helping NDIS participants manage their wellbeing and create a happy, healthy life for themselves.
Book your appointment today
If you’re covered under the NDIS and are looking for effective mental health support in Perth, our team of psychologists are here for you. Get in touch with us today to book your appointment or to learn how we can help you!