Terms and Conditions
This agreement is to make an appointment with a practitioner at Perth Psychology Collective (PPC).
Once you book in an appointment, that time is set aside for you. You agree that you have checked that the appointment date, time and location is correct, and that you are available to attend the appointment.
After the appointment is booked in, you will be contacted via phone from PPC Reception in order to finalise the booking. If we are unsuccessful in contacting you via phone we will email you. If you do not respond to either attempt to contact you, your appointment will be cancelled.
On this contact from PPC Reception, you will be asked:
- the appointment time, date and location;
- to provide payment (via credit card) for the booking fee of $30 for pension, student or health care card holders and $50 for all other clients (this booking fee is deducted from your consultation fee on the first session);
- that you understand and accept the consultation fee policy;
- to provide your credit card details, which are securely stored on your file for payment purposes for use according to the Client Registration and Agreement Form (which will be emailed to you);
- to confirm your contact details;
- to confirm your reasons for attending the appointment to ensure that the practitioner that you have selected is specialised in assisting with those particular concerns
- to answer any further queries you may have.
Fees vary according to practitioners’ qualification and the time of the appointment. We provide concession rates for those who hold a pension, student or health care card and who provide us with evidence of this.
Please be advised that concession card holders cannot attend appointments in our peak times. As such, if you ARE a concession card holder and have made an appointment during our peak times, the PPC Receptionist will make an alternative time with you over the phone or email.
If you have a Mental Health Care Plan from a GP or psychiatrist, you may obtain a Medicare rebate from $84.80 to $124.50. If you are covered by Private Health Insurance, check whether you are covered for psychological services as you may claim payment for part of the session fee.
On attending your first appointment, you must pay the full agreed amount minus the booking fee taken.
You will then receive the Medicare rebate in your account approximately 24 hours after the appointment.
You will receive an SMS code which you must enter as the last step of the booking process. Once this code has been entered correctly you will receive an email confirming that the appointment has been successfully booked. You have the option of opting out.
If it is your first time seeing that psychologist, you will receive a confirmation letter, via email, from the PPC Reception Team after you have spoken to them over the phone. You will also be asked to complete the Client Registration and Agreement Form and Credit Card Authority Form. Both are fillable online and can be then emailed back. This must be done prior to attending the first session.
You will receive a courtesy automated email reminder about the appointment approximately two days prior. However, as this is an automatic system it can occasionally fail or send through late and so should not be relied on to inform you about an upcoming appointment. It remains your responsibility to attend or cancel if you need to.
Consultation fee policy (reschedules, cancellations and missed appointments)
If you do not attend an appointment you will be charged the full consultation fee.
If you do not provide at least 24 business hours’ notice to change/cancel an appointment time you will be charged $120 (minus the booking fee).